Tuesday, August 1, 2023

RPGaDay 2023

RPGaDay2023

1) FIRST RPG played (this year)
Vampire: The Masquerade. V5. As a player!

2) First RPG GAMEMASTER
A relative, and AFAIK no longer RPGing.

3) First RPG BOUGHT (this year)
Hunter: The Reckoning V5

4) Most RECENT game bought
Also Hunter: The Reckoning V5. I've been busy, okay?

5) OLDEST game you've played
Fighting Fantasy, which is coming up on 40. (Depending on editions. I've played D&D and Cthulhu but not the earliest versions.)

6) Favourite game you NEVER get to play
I'm actually getting to play the current edition of Vampire: The Masquerade, and it only took four and a half years. Now, about the current edition of Requiem...?

7) SMARTEST RPG you've played
King Arthur Pendragon, for the recommended reading page alone.

8 Favourite CHARACTER
Hmm, I wonder. ;)

9) Favourite DICE
D6s. They're so normal.

10) Favourite tie-in FICTION
The Expanse, technically?

11) WEIRDEST game you've played
Also New Bremen.

12) Old game you STILL play
d6 Star Wars if I get the chance again.

13) Most memorable character DEMISE
Can I count an un-demise? Our Mage circle getting dropped seven years into the past due to a Time Mage using us to save his wife and not counting on Cara saving everybody else in the same accident, and then Alissa asking if we can stop her mother dying a year later...

14) Favourite CONVENTION purchase
Apples To Apples (out of print here)

15) Favourite Con MODULE / ONE-SHOT
That time I got to play Chronicles Of Darkness.

16) Game you WISH you owned
The 40th anniversary Call Of Cthulhu first edition box set maybe?

17) FUNNIEST game you've played
Probably Ghostbusters.
And I don't think I entirely derailed that Mage game with Didi.
But also, inevitably, some nights in New Bremen.

18) Favourite game SYSTEM
V5 Hunger Dice.

19) Favourite PUBLISHED adventure
The Dracula Dossier for Night's Black Agents

20) Will still play in TWENTY years time
Vampire: The Masquerade... 50th Anniversary Edition? Argh.

21) Favourite LICENSED RPG
Buffy The Vampire Slayer

22) Best SECONDHAND RPG purchase
I guess Apples To Apples doesn't qualify, but I did get it at an RPG convention and since it's out of print here that was very nice.

23) COOLEST looking RPG product / book
That first edition Vampire: The Masquerade book with the photo cover and the Tim Bradstreet chapter frontispieces.

24) COMPLEX / SIMPLE RPG you play
Complex: Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition. I did SO little magic...
Simple: D6 Star Wars.

25) UNPLAYED RPG you own
Yes.
Okay, one I got this year, Hunter V5. (Which I'd put behind Hunter: The Vigil and Night's Black Agents as monster hunter games I haven't done anything with. I managed to play a session of Buffy once.)

26) Favourite CHARACTER SHEET
Ghostbusters. Little index cards that still had space for character art.

27) Game you'd like a new EDITION of...
Having tried the new Star Wars, a different new Star Wars.

28) SCARIEST game you've played
Call Of Cthulhu in a submarine, played in the back rooms of a student union nightclub so it was suitably cramped and industrial.

29) Most memorable ENCOUNTER
The time Tanith and her closest vampire friend (and later more) Claudia became human for a day. Which broke Tanith from then on, really.

30) OBSCURE RPG you've played
Dead Of Night, a one-book horror RPG based around getting Survival Points by putting your character in danger in genre-appropriate ways. And it has a stat called Obscure!

31) FAVOURITE RPG of all time
Vampire: The Masquerade. I was always going to fall hard for it, and so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment