1: First RPG Bought This Year
Hunter: The Reckoning V5 (gift)
3: Most often played RPG
Vampire: The Masquerade
4: RPG with great art
Alice Is Missing, including the soundtrack
5: RPG with great writing
MonsterHearts fits a lot of game and life advice into a small book.
6: RPG that is easy to use
Star Wars d6
7: RPG with 'good form'
Ghostbusters - it led to Star Wars, Shadowrun, Vampire...
8: An accessory you appreciate
A good notebook with space to scribble as well as write.
9: An accessory you'd like to see
A dice finder.
10: RPG you'd like to watch on TV
I imagine it's possible to do a better Vampire: The Masquerade show than Kindred: The Embraced.
11: RPG with well supported one-shots
Games like Lady Blackbird which are built to be one-shots. Little prep, no character creation, tell one story.
12: RPG with well supported campaigns
Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, sadly not Vampire: The Masquerade.
13: Evocative environments
Tabletop Audio: Ambiences and soundboards! Also good for background noise when writing.
14: Compelling characters
Vampire is good at this, hooking characters into the setting with sires, Backgrounds like Allies and Contacts, Touchstones and the Convictions that come with them. But it starts with wanting a character who isn't just a playing piece.
15: Great character gear
The Preparedness ability in Night's Dark Agents, and similar "of course I have that item" powers.
16: Quick to learn
There's a reason I've never played a spellcaster in D&D.
17: An engaging RPG community
I spent long nights in New Bremen and made some lifelong friends.
18: Memorable moment of play
A vampire who's gotten comfortable with her condition becomes human again for a day. It totally breaks her.
19: Sensational session
Having to venture into the Underworld in Mage: The Ascension. A big grand adventure and a step away from our usual surroundings.
"Wow, heavy, everything's in monochrome. It looks like we're in a college production of Waiting For Godot."
20: Amazing adventure
The Haunting for Call Of Cthulhu. An introductory adventure in print for forty years and still killing PCs with (spoiler).
21: Classic campaign
Can somebody run Orpheus for me?
22: Notable non-player character
A paid-for mentor or ally who shows up and does the work.
23: Peerless player
- keeps the other players' and GMs' interests and fun in mind as well as being clear on their own.
24: Acclaimed advice
Check in with the players and GM when you can. They might be okay with something normally but not right now.
25: Desirable dice
The one that just rolled under the furniture.
26: Superb screen
In this day and age, a computer screen.
27: Marvellous miniature
Not a thing I use, but of course I played with the HeroForge character creator.
(And miss the EVE Online one, which I believe was built for the cancelled World Of Darkness MMO because EVE really doesn't need it.)
28: Great gamer gadget
I could have said the character avatar creator for this.
29: Awesome app
Or this.
30: Person you'd like to game with
I never did get to actually meet anybody from New Bremen.
31: Game or gamer you miss
Almost any game not run by me. (Very much enjoying a current exception.)
Alternative: Amazing anecdote
I once went around the world and went to two conventions on different continents as I did. And helped bid up a charity auction that raised a thousand dollars with just in-game LARP permissions.
Thank you for reading, see you next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment