#Huntober 2022
1: I, Hunter
What would get me to go out hunting? I think I would have to be backed into a corner.
Group tactics are pretty much essential for hunting monsters. (And since I'm bad at running groups of antagonists by myself, maybe I should run a Hunter game for that reason...)
3: The First Sighting
What do you start them on? A haunting? A nice straightforward vampire?
4: Safehouse
Everybody needs somewhere to unwind. But can they?
5: Dressed for the hunt
Do you want to go unnoticed, declare yourself, or look like something else, a lure?
6: Hunter's Inventory
Yes, Buffy has a holy water Super Soaker in the video game. No, it's not cool.
7: Goddamn Bloodsuckers!
Vampires are often easier to underline as vampires when alongside human characters. In a Vampire game they often become just people.
8: Something Wicked This Way Comes
The quote from the three witches is about Macbeth himself, a man about to do terrible things with just a little nudge from their prophecies. Make of that what you will.
9: Haunted House
Ghosts and haunted or otherwise 'wrong' places give you a lot of options to play with.
10: We Can't Stop Here, This Is Werewolf Country
Hunters and werewolves have some points in common, but generally don't get along.
11: Paranormal Activity
Now imagining a horror LARP with someone recording it in-character. (Which The Blair Witch Project basically was.)
12: The Weird Find
Probably changelings.
13: I Smell Magic In Here
Smells like sage.
14: Descent Into The Darkness
This could be practical, ethical, or both. Hey, it's like they named this setting like that for a reason!
15: Investigation
The "always give them the core clues" rule from the Gumshoe system is definitely a good call.
16: The Unusual Hunter
The Imbued were pretty unusual. Where are they now...?
17: Hidden In Plain Sight
The vampire regular at the Goth club is probably less of a danger to their herd than the vampire who sneaks in to feed on the sleeping.
18: This Place Reeks Of Monsters
Where do your monster PCs usually hang out? How would Hunters find them there?
19: Lost Fight
Since I'm a forgiving and not very tactical GM, I only really do this in some games. Unpowered hunters in horror might be one.
20: The Final Shot
"Now that's everything, huh? No weapons, no friends... no hope. Take all that away, and what's left?"
"ME."
21: If I Was The Monster
An alternate timeline episode can be fun if the series wouldn't be derailed.
22: Weapon of Choice
RPGs generally encourage hand-to-hand combat as it's more dramatic, especially compared to sensibly using a sniper rifle from half a mile away, because after all you wouldn't want the GM to do that to you.
23: Forbidden Artifact
Nothing like a vital monster-destroying thing being on display in a museum or kept in a place of worship to make things a bit awkward.
24: Faith
Faith can give you strength and solace, or blind you to the truth. But if you have it as a stat it's probably the useful version.
25: The Reason I Hunt
Could you stand by and do nothing?
26: Light In The Darkness
Friendship, camaraderie, love, family... all the things monsters take can be made again.
27: Unusual Methods
Actually cooperating with groups you could cooperate with. What madness is this?
28: Stranger In The Night
Hunters arriving like the cavalry for 'normals'?
29: Unexplained Creature
You can throw a lot at Hunters just using obscure WoD things. Like the cold child ghost and haunted automaton in Victorian Age.
30: The Horrors Beyond
Going into the Underworld or some other plane could make a pretty epic and potentially scary adventure. Maybe lift from Orpheus?
31: The Death Of A Hunter
... is unlikely to be in bed surrounded by grandchildren.

No comments:
Post a Comment