Wednesday, October 1, 2025

Month Of Darkness 2025

#MonthOfDarkness 2025 prompts just in time.

Very Vampire coded so some Tanith IC but mostly went OOC


1. When I Changed
It was agony, but afterwards it seemed so wonderful... at first.

2. The Beast Within
Always there, always tempting. And so many seem to just let it in.

3. What I Fight For
Since most games revolve around conflict, physical or not, it helps to have a strong reason not to surrender or run. I tend to play trying to be good in the WOD, and run chronicles about that attempt. Is your Anarch vampire sincere about finding a better way? Will your Tradition mage step up to defend sleepers from the things out there? Do you trust your comrades?

4. My Touchstone
Touchstones, a way to focus on human characters and the normal world, are a great addition to Vampire, Requiem and then Masquerade. (Although players do tend to have one that's a lot stronger than the others.)

5. Show Me Your Fangs
No U

My long-running Mage PC is more vampire-styled than even my most Goth vampire.

6. Blood Of My Blood
It's no surprise that so many Vampire PCs are the abandoned only childer of absentee sires, having family around cramps your style. When I recruited another player to be Tanith's broodmate I was very deliberately pushing against it.

7. Where I Hunt
"It would be nice to separate hunting and hanging out, wouldn't it? Maybe when we have more time..."

8. The Final Push
There's usually some kind of fight at the end of a game.

9. Eyes On Elysium
I'm not saying that if the WoD MMO had come out I'd have spent almost all my time in social areas, but...

10. The One Who Made Me
Curse you, Player!

11. What Clan Are You?
Robertson

12. Howl At The Moon
I've played Werewolf: The Apocalypse but never for long. It always felt too different from my idea of werewolves. Mine would be smaller scale and less mystical. I've never had a chance to play Forsaken either.

13. That First Taste
I first heard of Vampire: The Masquerade with the original print ads, before it had a subtitle!

14. What Stalks The Shadows
It can be great to have some surprising threats in a game, mix and match monster types - just let lore-heavy players know you're going for mysteries.

15. Is Love Possible?
The possibility of emotional plots and connections was what hooked me into Vampire over other RPGs. More dramatic than gentle, of course.

16. Hunting In The Dark
Hunger rising unreliably has definitely added to vampire PCs thinking about their next meal in V5.

17. When Will You Rage?
More often than I'd like.

J: when the toilet paper roll is on the sink and not the handy thing designed for it... again.

18. Hiding From The Sun
Eyestrain really gave me a clearer idea of how much the sun could bother a nocturnal creature.

19. When I Lost You
My games aren't always defined by drama. Honest.

20. The Night I Gave Up
OOC, the time I made a werewolf in New Bremen.

21. Timeless Fashion
An ST friend has a recurring bit where one of the clubs on the Rack has a regular Goth night because the Kindred demand it.

22. Was I Ever Innocent?
The way some people talk about this setting I'm just a foolishly naïve child for wanting things like hope.

23. Loss Of Control
Choosing how your character messes up can be a lot of fun. The menu for Messy Criticals and Bestial Failures gives plenty of guidance for players and Storytellers. Wraith: The Oblivion was an early example that put people off not giving enough.

24. The Power Within
Not much liking combat has mostly made me avoid it, but I always wanted to play something like a Risen and just steamroller everything. In a suitable game. Or a bad game.

MarkK: I say this as someone who plays fighty characters for every other character I play: I don't know that you have terribly missed out.

25. The Spirit World
I'm generally happy to have ghosts in games, but the Hecata and Oblivion hard coding them in while Mages and Werewolves are more optionally connected means having to rule them out to avoid them in Vampire.

26. Troubled Faith
I would like to see another edition of Demon: The Fallen.

J: probably more likely than Wraith. :|
Me: Wraith seems fairly likely, though it would definitely benefit from modern considerate play advice. Demon might be too powerful for a shared setting. We'll see. Someday. Maybe.

27. Will I Forget You?
I once had a chance for my main Vampire PC to be human for a day. She never got over it.

28. A Terrible Loneliness
Some of these games are best played with a small troupe and the shift in focus it brings.

29. Rising Sun
I've never had a vampire PC go out to burn, but I've had a lot of them consider it.

30. No Way Forward
I think that a given story can be hopeless, but an entire chronicle shouldn't, it should have some victories along the way.

31. Who I Am
Beyond the needs and drives, past the cliques and factions, can we be true to ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment