I was briefly imagining what a game chat like New Bremen would have looked like if we had players self-select into soft play and hard play characters, but stayed within the same setting. We had "unmoderated" chats where people went off and did whatever, but some of those folks might have stayed in the main community if they could soft play. I think the tag would need to be a clearly marked longterm choice, meaning no convenient ripcording out of hard play the moment something went wrong. Probably the Storytellers could have focused mostly on the hard play parts of the game if only because those required the most adjudication. Anyway, just idle thoughts about what could have been. Maybe subconsciously prompted because I ended up wearing an old Vampire T-shirt today.
Conrad Hubbard
And yes, I know some players effectively already did this by holing up in locked chat rooms.
--
RC
I feel like this would have addressed some issues.
One of the things I wonder about was also just a significant ratio of players to STs - where I wonder if there were enough people offering content to satisfy the intense demand. For some of the most popular venues - it would seem there was players present to consume content all hours of the day and no way to be able to reasonably have content ready to go for enough of them. As a consequence - for idle people who aren't against stirring the pot, they'd go off and cause a ruckus
No comments:
Post a Comment